Dixcart Legal is recognised for offering practical, expert advice to both employers and to senior employees.
This area of law frequently changes and getting the right advice at the right time is vital.
We provide sound employment law advice in a commercial context, guiding clients through the employment law aspects of commercial transactions and disputes in tribunals and the civil courts.
It is against a background of constantly changing employment laws and regulations that the proactive approach of Dixcart Legal is of great benefit.
We work closely with accountants and tax advisers where required. This enables us to not only advise clients on the alternatives available for a particular situation, but to evaluate the cost to them as an employer and the net benefits to the employees, enabling the full picture to be appreciated before a final decision is made.
We have strong relationships with employment law firms across Europe and worldwide to assist where international employment issues arise. Your attention is drawn to the 'Employment Law Country Comparison' which compares employment law in England and Wales, Ireland, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Spain and Switzerland.
We are able to assist our clients in the following employment areas:
- Assistance in employment matters when buying and selling a business
- Contracts of employment – we draft tailored terms and conditions of employment and service agreements
- Dealing with changes in the law – we issue monthly employment law newsletters to help our clients keep abreast of new and proposed changes
- Dealing with problem employees – we draft policies and procedures and advise on handling problems, including dismissals. We can assist with risk assessment, the value of claims and compromise agreements where appropriate
- Discrimination legislation – we advise on the drafting of equal opportunity, race and disability policies and defending claims at employment tribunals
- Employers’ health checks – we offer a service to new clients, reviewing their current practices and documentation and advising on action required
- Employment litigation – we undertake Tribunal, High Court and County Court work
- Employment policies and procedures – employees are an important resource. We aim to help our clients maintain good relations by developing sound policies and procedures and also advise on their implementation
- Expatriate employees – we provide a range of services to assist employers with expatriate employees
- Recruitment – offer letters are important documents that can contain contractual obligations. We ensure that employers are aware of what they are committing to.
- Redundancies – schemes and advice on consultation procedures
- Remuneration and benefit packages – we offer advice on remuneration and benefit packages, including bonus, share options and executive share schemes
- Reorganisation, outsourcing and redundancy
- TUPE – our experienced team is able to advise on all areas of human resources management